Monday, November 26, 2007

Steals & Deals

Hey Ladies!!! I went shopping this weekend.....but, shhhh.....don't tell my mom. She will want to come over and check out all my new stuff!!! I went to Michael's, Hobby Lobby, and the Dollar Tree and found some great deals on paper, grosgrain ribbon, and stamps!!! I can not wait to make my next paint can with some of the new paper I bought on sale at Hobby Lobby!!! I am in the process of gathering up everything that you will need to do the paint can class at Scrapfest in Feb 08!!! We will be doing the gallon size paint cans, so you will need 2 12x12 sheets of the same paper to cover the can, and at least 1 that matches to decorate the can. You will need atleast 3 yards of each ribbon in 6 different colors or patterns that match your paper. The thicker your ribbon is the less you will need. (ex: grosgrain) The thinner your ribbon is the more you will need. (ex: sheer) Meaning if you use only sheer ribbon, you will need probably about 18 to 20 yards of ribbon instead of 15. If you mix and match ribbons 15 to 18 yards will probably do just fine. Each piece of ribbon gets cut 3 1/2 inches long, that is why it takes so much!!! I have decided to let each scrapper bring there own materials to do the can that way they can make the can to suit there own needs. Start gathering up your materials now, while they are on sale, but I will purchase the gallon cans and have them available for you to purchase. While shopping at the Dollar Tree I found these great pink and blue grosgrain ribbon spools for only $1.00, that is only 33 cents a yard!!! Do not forget about the Open House that Tara Reese "Laffy Taffy" is having this Friday night and Saturday morning. Also, make sure to mark your calander for the all day crop that she is going to be having on Saturday, January 12th. I have been busy shopping this weekend as you can tell, but I hope to get back to the drawing board soon and show you more projects that I have completed!!! Till then........Happy Scrappin!!!

4 comments:

Peppermint "Patty" said...

girl, you are on the roll... great buys! I too have been busy shopping instead of scrapping. The scrapbook store that is going out of business here in Katy had its final sale and I got back in town just in time to take advantage of it. She had (what was left) everything 75% off and "ALL" of her 12 x 12 paper 10 sheets for $1.00!!! I racked up!!! I mostly bought the 2 sided paper of all kinds. I spent $37+ dollars on paper! lol I love paper. My motto is, "YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH!!!" lol Well happy scrappin to you or should I say happy shopping??? Later, Peppermint "Patty"

-Cathy said...

LOVE THOSE PAPERS! You sound like me - - I shop more than I scap. I've got a great collection, I just need to get busy scrapping it. LOL

Unknown said...

Wow! I have been on vacation and without a computer for the last 10 days. You have been busy love the paper that you found and you did a great job on your paint cans.

patty
www.paperpeicingpatty.blogspot.com

My Paper World said...

Wow! your new stash looks fab!